Friday, February 5, 2010

The new parenting kids with autism blog!


Well, here it is, folks! A new blog home for stories, advice and education regarding raising a child with autism and loving it.


In the next couple of weeks the posts will be a mix of new stuff and old posts from the WifeOfMonobot blog. (That will now be directly related to my writing for anyone interested in that.)


I will also be including fun stuff sometimes. I know that I have a more guy sense of humor than most women so I'll try to pick things that are universally funny. But I do think that laughing is extremely important! It's important in everyday life and instrumental in life with a special needs person. Learn to laugh at yourself, at the things your kid finds funny, at the situations you find yourself in and at life - it will make the sun shine just a bit on the cloudiest of days.


Also, I will share stories about what's going on in our life and how we are dealing with any challenges that pop up. As a matter of fact, our son is having a difficult time in school right now, specifically with testing, and I'll give updates on how that goes. It's information that I would have liked to see when we first got our diagnosis. How ordinary is it to have to work with teachers so that your kid can test better and get better grades? Totally ordinary - and I wanted to know that ordinary was coming so bad back then! So I want to give glimpses of future possibilities to those with young kids and for another person with older kids in school a story that helps them see, once again, that they are not alone in what they deal with.


So share the link and let me know what you think. I'm here to encourage and help!


- Rose

2 comments:

  1. Potty humor is WELCOME! Please don't censor your personality for our delicate sensibilities.

    ReplyDelete